Sunday, September 30, 2012

Crafting Business - Introduction

I have quite a few dreams in my life. One of them is owning my own successful business.

I started thinking about it over a year ago. I decided to start with soaps. I ordered quite a few kilos of soap bases, essential oils, soap colouring and soap molds from Soap Basic. I had some money saved up so I invested it in my business. I made some soaps using different combinations of essential oils, bases, colouring and molds. I sold soaps to my family and friends. But then I started getting really unmotivated, so I took some months off. 

Then I decided to have a re-opening September 1st. I created soap combinations with one essential oil per colour and one to two soap molds per combination. I decided to make new products that would be released every month. This month I have been working on making hot/cold bags in three different sizes. 

This month Nesting Place is organizing a huge 31 days event in October where everyone can join. I was quite unsure what I was going to blog about. I was stuck between sewing and organizing. That was until I found out that there is going to be a Christmas market where I live in the end of November. I decided this would be a perfect opportunity to get my products out there an noticed. 


That is why I decided to have 31 days dedicated to my business. I was thinking a bit about ways to make this month as effective as possible. that I was going to create different "sample" products I would consider to sell. I would buy my supplies locally and use supplies I already have. Somewhere around mid-end October I will research online to find supplies to be used when I make my final products. 



Day 3: Lavender Bag



Day 4: Tissue Holder





Reflection: coming soon

4 comments:

  1. Taking each day this month to focus on jump-starting your business is a terrific idea. I look forward to checking in to see your progress. I recently made soap here in my kitchen with a friend, and so will enjoy seeing how others go about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am mostly going to focus on creating items for my store, but on the side I am working on creating a business plan!

      I will show how I make soaps later in the series, so stay tuned!

      Delete
  2. Wow. I've been writing about my struggle to start a craft business. It's inspiring to see someone really going after it. Congratulations are well-deserved!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...