Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Fleece Rice Bag



Today is the second day of my 31 days dedicated to my crafting business series. You can read all about my October series here


This is a similar post to the one i did yesterday, Hot/Cold Rice Bags. I wanted to make something a little different. This time I made a fleece version. The fleece can be heated and not cooled! I also tried making a heart instead of a square. It would be lovely with a vanilla scent. 

I started by making a template, pinned it to my fabric and drew around with chalk. 


Then I cut out the heart.


I removed the template.


Then I sewed around the heart, but left a split in one of the sides.


When I tunred it right side out, it got a really weird shape, so I tried again.


Second time around it looked a lot better.


I filled it with about 0.5 dl of rice and sewed it shut using the same ladder stitch as my previous post.


I am so happy with how it turned out. Its super cute and fit my pocket when I walk my dog in the morning. However, I am not 100% sure this is something that I could sell. Personally I love them though, so I might end up making a couple that I will keep for myself if they do not sell. I will for sure buy some vanilla scent. 

1 comment:

  1. very cute. a terrific idea!
    I'm thinking I might need some manly ones for my mighty hunting men this winter.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...