Monday, May 28, 2012

Bedroom Make-over

This week I will be working on my bedroom. It is quite messy and very unfinished. Today I will be having a small introduction on my bedroom. Later this week I shall be writing about some of the updates I have done/will be doing. Sunday I shall post the final reveal!

I have had my bedroom for almost 2 years now, and during this time there has been a lot of changes.

It started by being a greyishbrownish notsoverypretty colour. So I painted it a nice purple colour... Or so I though. In natural light it looked great, but in any other light it looked a weird pink colour. It was quite nice though with the white furniture I had in my room. I was able to keep it like this for about a year. But then I decided I needed a change.

I was not quite sure how I wanted my bedroom, but I knew I wanted more colour. I went to a paint store and got a LOT of different paint samples. I was thinking of keeping it in pastel colour palette. Pinks, blues, greens, yellows. I finally decided to have pink walls.

But I changed my mind. I wanted a more sophisticated look. I also am a bit into Feng Shui, and they recommend you to paint your walls in skin colours - from pale white to rich chocolate brown. So I finally decided to paint three walls Coffee Latte colour, and one wall brown.

Here is a photo of what the colour was during and after the last paint job which was done in October last year. As well as a photo of my feature brown wall. I still have not painted the moulding yet - even after 7 months but good news is that I will be doing this either today.



So that was a small introduction to my bedroom. I am so looking forward to being able to create a nice retreat for myself. I will not be using any money this week, so I know it will not get complete yet. However, I do think that it is going to be a lot better than what it is now. So I wish myself good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...