The cupboard I eventually found, I got for free. Close to where I live we have a dump yard where there is also a give-away section. Here people can place old furniture and other stuff they no longer want, but is still in a somewhat good shape. I found my cupboard there. I thought it would have so much potential. So I took it home.
The first thing I did was removing the handles and everything, I put it in a box to keep it all together (though I do not think I will use any for this project) then I sanded it down. At this point I used some sandpaper and my hand. This process took a long time, which is why, after consulting with my dad I went shopping.
I got this is a Black and Decker and it costs $90. It is really effective, and the shape of the front makes it easy to get into corners. The holes where the handles had been I closed, knowing that I was going to get new knobs. I took a spatula and some wall paste and used this to fill the holes.
Then I did three coats of base coast in white, for the paint to sit better and longer, and two coats of paint. The paint I used is a light turquoise.
This is what it looked like after two coats of the base paint.
This is what it looked like after two coats of paint as well.
Then I painted inside, two coats of the base color and two coats of white paint. I used some left over white wall paint.
This is what it looked like half-done. I still had to spray paint the hinges and buy some knobs. This was before I had painted my walls as you can see the purple walls in the background.
And here is the final product. I personally LOVE it! The crystal knobs I bought on eBay.
Here are the before and after picture, what a difference!