Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Bringing My Blog To The Next Level Part 2

I have decided I want to take my blog to the next level. I will be doing this by spending more time on the blog in general and doing things such as writing better posts, taking more time taking and editing photos and planning more.


Check out part 1 here.

Part 2 is about getting inspired. In this post I will be taking a look at other blogs to see what I like, and what I do not like. I will be looking at the first thing I see on the blogs and not the contents. Since I am using blogger the sites I will be looking will also be using blogger. 

My first impression of this sight is that it is very clean and organized. The colour palette is grey, turquoise and pink. I really like that the first thing I see on the right corner is a photo of the blogger.

2.A Bowl Full Of Lemons
My first impression here is the colours. It has a simple colour palette. One thing I do not like is the first thing I see on the left corner is an Ad. I know you cannot decide what ads that google put on your site, but when the first thing I see is a rotting banana it does put me off a bit. Otherwise I like the pages are different categories on what it included on the blog, when I click on one of the pages it shows me all the posts with that label.

3. Delia Creates
The first negative with this page is that it does not fit my screen. I have to scroll sideways to read everything. It also has sidebars on each side and I am noticing my eyes are rushing back and forth trying to read everything. I really like the toenails with different colours. It is really cute!

4. I Heart Organizing
This blog is so much more colourful than the previous ones I have seen. It still does have a "clean" look. I actually like how the title is written, with two different fonts and different colours on the organizing word. There is however a small detail that is bothering me, the pages are taking up two lines. The FAQs are placed under Home.

5. Threading My Way
This is for sure one of the more busy backgrounds. The colours are also a bit to plain for my taste. I do however love the heading with the sewing thread spool at the end. 

My blog looks generally very boring. It has a plain title, plain background and a red and white theme. The only thing I see on the sidebars are "follow me"-buttons. I must look pretty desperate?!


After taking a good look at other blogs I see that I have a lot of work to do on mine. I have to make it more interesting, have more colours and give it more personality. 

To do:
    • Find a colour palette
    • Create a new header
    • Add a large portrait on the top of the sidebar
    • Update pages
    • Update sidebar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...