Tuesday, July 17, 2012

How To Create Paint Swatches


I saw this awesome post, Customizable Paint Deck @ Natty By Design. And thought what a great idea!

I want to add some pink to my bedroom, but needed something that looked good with my blue furniture. So I actually ended up taking the door off the hinges and bringing it to the paint store.

Making these will make life so much more easier for me, especially when I am going find some fabric for my room.

This project was actually FREE for me! Which is awesome! The paint stirrer sticks I got for free at the paint store. The ring I got from a broken key chain. It was a really simple project and took me way to long to start.

So I started by taping off my paint stirrer sticks.



Then I painted using the four paint colours in my bedroom.



I waited for it to dry before I removed the tape. 



Here you can see the three colours I currently have in my bedroom.
 


I first taped the sticks together, then I drilled holes through the sticks.



I sanded down the edges a bit, would have to get a splinter.



My broken key-ring :(



Lastly I inserted the ring.



Voila! Much easier to bring along than a cupboard door!



Added to The DIY Dreamer and Craft Junkie Too link parties.

4 comments:

  1. Great idea! I'm hosting a linky party "One Creative Weekend" at OneCreativeMommy.com. I'd love for you to visit and link up this idea and/or anything else you'd like to share.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...